Swimming naked in alphabet soup

Thursday, January 04, 2007

So this is Christmas....


So, Chistmas is just about over *tear* and I told myself I would blog this Christmas, so here I am. I had a wonderful holiday season, with much love, loved ones, good times and sleeping in. I was wonderfully, completely and embarssingly fortunate with the thoughtful and wonderful gifts I was given. Wow, I'm really liking the word wonderful tonight! From my lovely partner I received the Digital Canon Rebel XT I've been wanting for years, along with some great, rare and quirky collectable things he gave me (like this one, for example: http://www.diamondcomics.com/toychest/toys/08_05/12_bd_angelpuppet.htm). Also, from one of my very imaginative and thoughtful friends I got an autographed (to me!) copy of my favourite book "Fear of Flying" by Erica Jong. Nicely done- by the way. I'm still wowed by that! Even though we all stayed up drinking heavily (and playing Monopoly-bad idea) until the early morn, I was awake 7am like a 6 year old wondering if I was good enough to have Santa come and visit me. However, I was told to go back to bed until 8:30. :-(

Christmas day we made a fine feast of Tofurkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato mashed, carrot and apple delight, and more. We ate until we couldn't move and then reveled in the joy of being full and happy.

The whole time I got 10-12 hours of sleep a day. I watched many episodes of Battlestar Galactica ( do not make fun if you have not seen it from the beginning), ate, drank and was merry. How fortunate am I to be able to enjoy such pleasures? Kings and Queens of the past did not know the luxeries I do!

Gloriously, Christmas was enjoyed.

New Years I worked, which was fine because New Years is always such a let down anyways, and it's hard to turn down a $200 night. Plus, serving people a New Years Eve feast is usually nice.

The picture above is of "Flying Daisy". I took it with my fancy new camera.

I promise to write more. I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home